US Lacrosse National Tournament Tryouts
North Texas will be entering a team in the annual US Lacrosse Schoolgirls National Tournament again this year.
About the Event
With 60 teams from across the country competing annually, the National Tournament has been become one of the nation’s marquee college recruiting events. The event is open to all high school aged players, but players must try out for regional teams in order to participate.
All girls that are high school players, grades 9-11, or play for an approved scholastic club team, can try out for the National Tournament.
The tournament will be held in suburban Baltimore at Cedar Lane Regional Park, May 25th and 26th and girls will play against some great competition from around the country.
The NCAA Women’s Final Four will be hosted at Johns Hopkins University on May 24th and 26th. Girls will be able to attend all the championship weekend games.
Additional information can be found on the US Lacrosse website here https://www.uslacrosse.org/events/tournaments/womens-national-tournament
Team North Texas Player Tryouts
Tryouts for the Team North Texas will be April 14th from 10AM-1PM at Coppell Middle School North 120 Natches Trace, Coppell, TX 75019.
The registration deadline is April 7th. Walk Ups Not Permitted per US Lacrosse.
The tryout fee is $50 and the travel fee will be $550-$600 plus the cost of the airline ticket. The fee will be finalized before the tryout and ask that you bring both a check for the tryout and a check for the team. If you make the team, your check will be deposited, otherwise it will be shredded. The fee includes uniform, shooter shirt, hotel room, coach travel, meals, snacks, transportation and tickets to the final four.
100% of the tryout proceeds and travel fee are applied to this year’s team expenses.
PLAYER TRYOUT LINK – https://goo.gl/forms/4RtCJdtAsfSa1kA42
If you have an interest in coaching the team please complete the application using the link below.
This is a volunteer position, but coaches will not have any expenses. The conditions / requirements per US Lacrosse are below:
Selection of Tournament Coaches for the team(s):
- This process must include a formal application process that enables each coach in the region a chance to apply for the position. This form will be available online.
- US Lacrosse encourages annual rotation of coaches.
- All coaches must be current US Lacrosse Coach Members.
- The coaching application process should be completed by April 1 of the tournament year.
- Each team is allowed 2 coaches.
- All coaches must have a current background check through NCSI. If not, they will have to obtain. Background checks are now free through US Lacrosse’s partnership with NCSI.
COACH APPLICATION LINK – https://goo.gl/forms/6W6CecyiMNvcbCYu2